Monday, June 16, 2008

Still Waiting...

We are still anxiously awaiting our puppies. I recalculated her gesatation and she is currently on day 65, so she should be having the pups any time now. The kids are getting excited, they check on her about every hour. She is really huge but seems quite happy.

I've been running the dogs quite a bit (mostly the young ones). I've tried to run about 5 times a week. Unfortunately the weather has been so hot, I only let them loose for 2 hours or less at a time. We've run into lots of baby rabbits which make for some crazy (and frustrating) races. Boo and Kacey are really coming on, they hunt very hard and do a nice job on a rabbit.
I am also running a patch female for a friend of ours who lives in WV, she is Boo's littermate and her name is Willow. She has really been doing a nice job too and I hope he's pleased with her progress when he gets her back. He and his father are coming up to Drummond with us in October. He went up with the guys once a few years ago.

On Saturday I ran Willow, Kacey, Gunner and Sugar. They started a rabbit as soon as they were cut loose and ran it for a good while. It was about 80 degrees outside so I only had them out for just over an hour.

On Sunday I ran Willow, Boo, Kacey and Dozer. Boo started 2 of the 3 rabbits that they ran (Dozer jumped the other). They had one run that lasted over 1/2 hour which I thought was pretty good condsidering how hot and thick it was.

No comments: